Join the Elite Team
Elite is growing and looking for hard-working individuals to join our world-class organization. We offer challenging work with cutting-edge technology and the opportunity to grow within the legal tech community. Offering a perfect blend of dedication, culture, and focus, Elite Discovery is an ideal place to grow your career to the next level.
Lead Document Review Project Manager / Attorney Document Review Manager
About the job
Elite Discovery, the leader in eDiscovery, is currently seeking a Lead Document Review Project Manager / Attorney Document Review Manager. As a Review Manager, you will be responsible for managing document review projects for our clients. The Review Manager will oversee teams with numbers from 5 up to 50 project-based attorneys and ensure the quality of those teams’ work product. Review Managers are expected to interface directly with clients and represent Elite Discovery in the most professional manner possible.
This position is full-time—remote, work-from-home opportunity.
- Primary contact for clients and internally at Elite Discovery for all managed projects; acts as a liaison with in-house counsel, outside counsel, third-party vendors, the corporate client, and other service lines at Elite Discovery
- Understand known Performance Indicators for efficient review management (review speed, time allocation, etc.) and distribute reports based on such indicators
- The primary responsibility of a Review Manager includes day-to-day management and execution of the document review process
- Manage document review projects to include project staffing, security, facilities, and technology needs
- Ensure that reviews are completed on time and within budget utilizing qualified internal or vendor staff that is available, trained, and productive
- Assist our recruiters and HR personnel in selecting appropriate candidates for projects
- Review Managers are responsible for project on-boarding, effective process implementation, quality of work product, and management of client relationships
- The Manager will also provide training and support to Review Associates
- Ensures clients and counsel are appropriately guided through the process
- Utilizes experience to provide consultative recommendations regarding training materials, workflow, use of analytics to enhance review, quality management, and deliverables
- Responsible for the development and execution of the overall project plan, including review schedule, timeline targets, and project budget
- Develop a quality plan including identifying QC/QA resources, drafting QA searches to effectively target errors or trends in the review population, executing QC acceptance sampling, and monitoring time spent on quality tasks
- Maintains an appropriate level of responsiveness to client inquiries and ensures progress reports are submitted daily
- Communicates effectively, both verbal and written, with clients and counsel regarding project updates
- Maintains and evaluates quality, productivity, and key financial metrics for each project managed
- Creates and maintains a positive and productive work culture
- Builds meaningful relationships with clients and outside counsel
- Accountable for managing matter-level margin and resource allocations
- Maintains a high-quality work product and client satisfaction
- Effectively manages review teams; identifies and trains new talent
- Seeks opportunities to gain additional industry experience and knowledge
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- JD and admission to and good standing in a state bar are required.
- Minimum of 4 years of eDiscovery or law firm experience.
- Four years of experience with document review as an attorney in any capacity.
- Two plus years of experience managing document review projects.
- Excellent communication skills, with emphasis on verbal and written client communication.
- Demonstrated excellence in team management.
- Shows proficiency in utilizing review databases.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Paid time off benefits
- Group insurance offerings
Join Elite Discovery and lead our review team, driving innovation and supporting the company’s overall success.